Governor Brad Little signed an executive order forming his new Coronavirus Financial Advisory Committee to oversee the approximately $1.25 billion in federal funds that Idaho will receive to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
State Controller Brandon Woolf is partnering with Governor Little report the use of funds on Transparent.Idaho.Gov, giving all Idahoans the opportunity to see how the federal funds are used.
Federal funding – the taxpayers’ money – must be prudently managed on behalf of all taxpayers. Governor Little assures Idahoans that the federal funds will not be used to create new government programs in Idaho, and he will uphold our Constitutional mandate to provide a long-term, structurally balanced budget for the people of Idaho.
The Governor’s Coronavirus Financial Advisory Committee will make recommendations to ensure the federal funds are appropriately prioritized and efficiently distributed across state, local and tribal governments. It also will play a critical oversight role to ensure the federal funds are used judiciously and appropriately. The funds are expected to be available on or around April 24.
Coronavirus Financial Advisory Committee members include:
- Alex Adams, Administrator, Division of Financial Management (Chair)
- Lt. Governor Janice McGeachin
- Senator Steve Bair, Co-chair, Joint Finance-Appropriations Committee
- Representative Rick Youngblood, Co-chair, Joint Finance-Appropriations Committee
- Representative Melissa Wintrow
- Josh Whitworth, Chief of Staff, Office of the State Controller
- Jani Revier, Director, Idaho Department of Labor
- Tom Kealey, Director, Idaho Department of Commerce
- Shawn Keough, State Board of Education member
- Lisa Hettinger, Deputy Director, Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Garden City Mayor John Evans, city government representative
- Seth Grigg, Executive Director, Idaho Association of Counties, county government representative
- Chantel Greene, Nez Perce Tribe, tribal government representative
- Dennis Johnson, large business representative
- Matt Newton, small/midsize business representative
- Bobbi-Jo Meuleman, Intergovernmental Affairs Director, Office of the Governor
Public comments may be submitted to CFAC@dfm.idaho.gov.
- 04/08/20 meeting
- 04/13/20 meeting
- 04/17/20 meeting
- 04/24/20 meeting
- 04/29/20 meeting
- 05/01/20 meeting
- 05/15/20 meeting
- 05/20/20 meeting
- Governor’s approval of recommended funding allocations – May 4, 2020
- Governor’s approval of recommended funding allocations – May 19, 2020
- Press Coverage of CFAC Actions – as of May 27, 2020
- CARES Act Funding Breakout